Friday, September 9, 2011

055- In Another Universe.


I ran into my Daddy’s arms as he walked in from work. I pull his tie with my tiny hands. I am three years old and I am a happy little girl. Daddy holds my hand while he asks about my day and I answer  him with a bubbly voice while I stare at him with my innocent eyes.  We find my Mom sitting in our rocking chair and she smiles at Daddy as we walk towards her. Daddy places his hand on my Mom’s head and kisses her hair lovingly. I smile a broad smile while I climb on her lap. A happy family, that’s what we are.

I am six years old. I sit by a little table with paint and colours all over my hands and dress. I am painting pictures of flying birds, of happy little families. I run around the house searching for my mother. I show her my painting, she marvels at my talent. Such happy thoughts, such inspirational art. And I hug my Mom tight. Carefree I am.

I have graduated high school. I smile down at my parents while I received my certificate. I am sixteen now, my eyes filled with dreams.  My Mom and Dad hug me, their eyes full of happy tears. Dad has gotten me a spot in one of the best art schools. My future is bright. I am gonna live my dreams.

I am eighteen years old. It’s a huge birthday party. My parents celebrate every year, yet somehow this year seems more defined. I am having fun. I am ecstatic. A room full of people, a house full of people who loves me.  And across the room, I see a boy. He sits by a table and stares at me. Perhaps it is love at first sight. And I realize, I am in love.

Considering I didn’t know how it happened, it DID happen with the perfect person. He’s hardworking he’s loving and he’s responsible. I know he’ll take good care of me. I wont have a single worry on my mind. In a long white dress I stand in front of him. I am his forever. Until death do us part. This is it, this is my happy ending

Suddenly I wake, I am covered in sweat. I hear feet dragging on the floor. He’s home now, my father, and drunk like hell. And there sits my mother swallowing sobs inside of her. I sit inside my room, where I lose my mind. And my life flashes before my eyes. A drunken father, depressed mother and fourteen years of being abused in more ways than one.  I look at the walls with my paintings. I stare at those walls covered with blacks and reds of my life. And I sigh as I think of what could have been. What could have been, had it been in another Universe.


2 comments:

  1. actually as i said falho i find your posts quite interesting,, the way how you narrate it and the way how express,, mmmhm...

    how the hell you bring all these things in your mind,, i sit alone... i do,, i think about.. about all but yet there seems nothing to be forming in my mind,, anyway great post

    forward =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot. Really appreciate your visits. :)

    ReplyDelete