Tuesday, September 6, 2011

054- A picture, Memories and A Ghost of a Smile.

Life for me will always be one without you here by my side. A life where I wont see you smile
down at me, the way you always did before. A smile that I'll forever remember until I die.

Life will always be one where I wont see your handsome face. Instead I'll always carry a picture.
A picture to which, every night I'll say goodnight. A picture on which I'll lay a kiss every
night before I sleep.

And yes, the memories. The memories I take wherever I go. Whatever I do. The memories of a loving You and a lucky me. The memories of a guy who loved me like I was the only thing in the world. The memories of a perfect time. The memories of my smile whenever you were around. Memories which, every time conjured up a ghost of that smile.

Yes, it would hurt, never being able to see those eyes. It would hurt never being able to be held in
your arms. It would hurt so much to never hear you say my name. And it would hurt like hell to
never be able to call you mine. But what would hurt the most is knowing that I chose this life,
a life without you. Coz as much as we want our own happy ending, seldom does things ever go the we thought it would..

And so a picture I hug before I sleep. Memories I carry wherever I go. And that ghost of a smile
is all I have left of the person I used to be...

1 comment: