Wednesday, August 31, 2011

053- For one more day by Mitch Albom.

"People figure I crossed the line. They ask themselves, 'Could I ever get as close as he did?'
The truth is there is no line. There's only your life, how you mess it up and who is there to save you.
Or who isn't."


For one more day by Mitch Albom is the story of a former pro ball player named Charlie 'Chick' Benetto. A man drowning himself in the oceans of alcohol and regrets. He loses his job, his wife and his family at the claws of alcohol. Basically, he hits rock bottom. Which is when he decides to take his own life.
He drives to his hometown, where he decides to end it all. And as he enters a house from his memories, he finds his mother. A woman who died eight years ealier. She welcomes her son as though the years apart had been merely a myth.

A day with his dead mother, a seemingly ordinary day that would change his life. A day that would give him the chance to make up to a lost loved one. A day that would give him a chance to ask for forgiveness..

For me personally, this book has DEFINITELY struck a chord. Mitch Albom is an author that changes my thinking, that pulls me back from the brink of giving up. This books helps me gain my perspective on what is important, and that things that have gone wrong and the mistakes that you've made can indeed be fixed. If not fixed, it can be repented. It gives me hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment