Tuesday, May 17, 2011

006- We are 'Happy' Family?

I am one of those people who believes in family. Family comes first. Siblings come above everything else. Why? Well, I always thought no matter how screwed up a family is, eventually they stick up for each other. But lately, I've begun to doubt it.

Lately, it just seems like as we grow older, we eventually withdraw into ourselves. We get caught up in our own lives, our own problems, our own world. We forget about family, and the rare times that we do remember, we remember them with distaste. We remember them with disapproval, disappointment and hopelessness. We can't seem to find the time to help each other out. We can't seem to find the time to say hello. And rarely do we ever say that we love each other anymore.

Home was the place I thought I would always be. But lately, it feels congested. I feel suffocated. I feel like I can't breathe when I am here. I feel like I need to get away. I feel like somehow no matter how hard we try, we end up disappointing those who we care about. We have become strangers. The only thing tying us to each other is our blood.

I can't seem to find even a slight trace of the family we used to be. The laughter, the closeness and the bonding has disappeared. Things aren't the same. Our situation has changed. Our characters has changed. We ourselves have changed beyond recognition.

We're standing together, but we stand all alone.

2 comments:

  1. :(( i'A things will go back to the way it used to be. I feel the same in my family.

    Soon we'll stand strong again. xx

    ReplyDelete