Wednesday, December 7, 2011

063- Faith Bulb.

A friend said to me today that Faith is not some kinda Eternal Flame. And that instead its a f**ked up light bulb that flickers. That LIFE is what makes our Faith flicker.

I was very curious about religion even as a child. And there were some very awkward moments when I questioned my sisters why hidhuism couldnt be it. [Thanks to being brought up in a home with 24/7 Hindhi soap series on the TV. =P] Anyway, as I grew older I knew what was right not just because my parents told me so, but because I researched and read things and decided on my own what I would choose to believe.

I believe myself to have a good morale, a conscience that's still alive. I think I've always had Faith. I think I've always believed. But as my friend said, the Faith bulb flickers. And so did mine. At several points of my life. And it saddens me that tonight seems to be one of those points in my life.

I have a tendency of making mistakes and then REPEATING them on top of it. I honestly don't know why I do it. And according to what *I* believe, a man is suppose to control his actions. And the fact that my own behaviour goes against my beliefs completely pisses me off at times. Moments like these is when the Faith bulb threatens to blow off. Moments like these is when I catch myself to be without reason and hopeless..

[ Picture borrowed from beyondthecanvas.blogspot.com ]

Faith is what keeps me from harming my own self. Image and mentality both. Faith is what protects me from a cruel world. Faith is what gives me hope just enough to exclude being disappointed. Faith is what teaches me boundaries. And Faith is what holds me together.

I guess I knew what would put me out of my misery even as I was writing this.. Its that I gotta get that bulb back on. Coz even when every single person leaves my side, Faith is what will keep me together.. isn't it?

6 comments:

  1. gud article sis..n i pray u get the strength to keep ur faith at all times..even during the worst of all...like u said faith is always with us...we dunno abt anyone for certain but Insha Allah as long as we think of Allah He'll be with us. :)

    love u

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this article. As long as you put your entire trust in Allah [swt], he's never going to let you down. You'll always have a reason to pick yourself up. Pour out every bit of your worries to Him for He is more loving and understanding than any man and more merciful than our mothers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nicely said,as long as U have faith in what u beleive in, u have a way.....

    ReplyDelete