Friday, June 24, 2011

034- Stolen Innocence.

Dear Daddy,

Yesterday was my sixth birthday. Mommy and you threw me a very cool party. I had lots of fun with all my friends from school. My friend Michelle says that I am very lucky, coz my Daddy and Mommy loves me very much.

I loved all my presents. Especially this notebook that Mommy gave. I am writing this letter to you on its first page. I liked all the presents that everyone gave, except the one you gave. You said that the thing you did to me was the present from you to me, and you said that I would like it. But Daddy, I didn't.

Mommy was sleeping when you came to my room, no? It was pretty dark in my room too. And as usual I was pretty scared. You said that Mommy wanted you to put me to sleep last night. But you said that before you started telling my bedtime story, we were going to play a game. You said the game was your present. The game we played was pretty rotten. Daddy, what you did hurt me. I still have pain in my pee pee.

Daddy, can I tell Mommy about the pain? I suppose I can't since you told me my present was our little secret. I don't understand Daddy. Why can't Mommy know? I tell her everything, no? Why can't anyone else know? You said that we were going to play the same game again soon. But Daddy please, I dont want to play that game again.

I love you Daddy. Just don't play that game with me again.

Note: This post is my contribution to spreading awareness on a very delicate issue that is very common in almost every household in Maldives. In my opinion such people who abuse children should be punished with the severity that they deserve. And my advice to every parent is that watch your children closely. If YOU don't notice a change in your children then WHO will? 


STOP CHILD ABUSE, PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN.

No comments:

Post a Comment