Thursday, June 9, 2011

023- A conversation in Metaphors.

Me: This is like standing on the beach and wondering about all the what ifs. What if there are sharks in there. What if it bites. What if there are sting rays. What if it stings me. Of course there are sharks, of course there are sting rays.


Batman: Its not easy to find an ocean's depth.

Me: Exactly. And there's not only sharks and sting rays, there's also whales in there.

Batman: And not to forget jelly fishes.

Me: *confused for a while* Well the point is, I jumped. I am IN the water. And I don't even know how to swim. I am not standing on the beach thinking of the sharks and the sting rays.. and the jelly fishes?

Batman: Are you saying I am afraid to face the dangers? And you think I am gonna watch you drown? Hey, I happen to like facing sharks. But there's only about two sharks. Its mostly jelly fishes.

Me: *I stare at him confused.*

Batman: Do you know anything about jelly fishes? The way it hunts and preys? Well, it's a beautiful thing to the sight. It sparkles and shows off its beauty, trying to lure its prey. It makes you want to touch it.  But when you touch it, you get burned.

Me: *finally gets it.* Well, you can jump since you already KNOW that you're gonna get burned. You know that it's going to charm you and seduce you. And since you already know that, you can outwit them, right?

Batman: The thing is I like the jelly fishes. I WANT to touch the jelly fishes.

Me: Well you KNOW you're gonna get burned. So you HAVE TO resist it no matter how much it appeals to you.

Batman: Well that's true.

Me: So are you gonna jump or are you gonna just stand there on the beach and wonder about all the sharks and the whales and the jelly fishes?

2 comments:

  1. hmm..this ones nice..heevany u dedicatd this lil talk of batman n 'me' to ME..! xP its great though..i enjoyed it.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha :P Its dedicated to someone special. :P Thankks! :D

    ReplyDelete