Wednesday, June 15, 2011

028- Time [A piece of a Story]

I am walking in an open field. You're walking right here beside me. The grass sways tall around our bodies, the sky shining a baby blue. You hold my hand, oh so tight. I smile up at you as we stop. Your hands encircle my tingling frame, you stare right into my hurting soul. You see the pain I hide behind my pretend smile. You're the one who sees it all.

You lower your face and kiss my cheek, you then whisper a single word. The word that breaks my heart so much, and yet I smile so you wont see. A word that tears our lives apart, and kills me just to hear. You know how much this is hurting me, coz you're the one who sees it all. I question, why you're walking away. Why, when you know everything could burn and fall in this very second. Why, you take those steps away, when you clearly know I can't exist with that one word.

I'll give you what you need now. I'll smile and laugh while you break me. But all I know when this is over, you wont get me back. The me that I am to you now. You'll lose me somewhere along the process. I'll still be here, a ghost of me. The one that can't feel at all.

Why did it break me when you whispered, "Time"

No comments:

Post a Comment