Wednesday, June 29, 2011

036- The Last Letter.

Dear Batman,

Remember that first hello on the screen of Your computer? Remember that first smile I gave when I saw You walk through my open door? Remember that first kiss? Remember at all?

Well, I do. I remember how I felt happy to see a single word flash across my computer screen. I remember the way You adjusted Your shades on Your forehead attractively while you stared at me with a smile on Your face. I remember the look of surprise on Your face when I kissed you for the first time. I remember all those promises. I remember You telling me that You would never let me down. And You telling me that You will never let my family down. I remember all the hopes and expectations of starting a life together. I remember You telling me that You love me and care about it, well, if You did, this day would have never come. I remember all the dreams of a better tomorrow. WITH EACH OTHER.

I wonder how You can just  chose to walk out of my life, when all I have ever done is love You with all my heart and stand beside You every step of the way. How can You just forget all that we have been through. All Your promises. All the hopes and dreams. I wonder how You can even think of just pretending to be 'friends' when *I* honestly can't let go of what I feel for You. I can't forget that You are the only person that I've completely opened up to. You're the only person that I let in. You're the only person that I have loved this way. How can I forget all the dreams that You showed me?  How can I just move past all of it and just be your 'friend'?  I am sorry, but I can't do that.

We could've had a life together. You could have been a better person. I could've made You happy. And yet it didn't even take a second for You to throw it all away. I can say with confidence that You will NEVER find someone who will love You like I did. And I guarantee You that You cannot find anyone that can accept everything about You like the way I did.

I was stupid to have trusted You. I was stupid to believe that You could change. I was stupid to open myself up to You. I should've never let You in.  I feel so angry at myself to think that I have wasted my time on something that could've never gone my way. I thought that things would be different. That we could somehow work things out. But I was really wrong. All the times that I lectured You, all the conversations we had, it has all gone to waste. I feel so mad that I let You get close to me. I think this has been one of the stupidest mistakes I have ever made.

And so, this my last letter to You. The last attempt at telling You how I feel. I will make sure that from this day forward, I don't need You in my life. I will make sure that I never let anyone so close to me as You were. I'll make sure that no one can hurt me the way You did. I am letting You go, along with all the hopes and dreams that You shattered with Your own bare hands.

From this day forward, You don't exist to me. You not anything in my eyes anymore. I don't love You and nor do I hate You. I feel NOTHING for You now. And this is my last Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment